In 1873, the British Government announced plans to reform the Irish Land Registration Act and change the names of the counties of Cork, Cork city, Limerick, Dublin, and Wicklow from Dublin to Dublin Tenements.
Dublin Tenements were established in 1864 and were initially used as offices of the Cork County Council.
In 1874, the Cork City Council announced plans for a new tenement, with a total of five buildings.
The name of the first tenement in Cork was the Tenement House and was named after the city’s former owner.
Dubois and O’Connor are Irish words meaning “land”.
In 1873 the Dublin Tenement was rebranded to Dublin Castle, and a new Dublin Castle was built to replace the old tenement.
Dublins first tenements were originally used as office buildings and offices.
In 1893 the city council decided to rename the Tenements to Dublin City Tenements, and the Tenets were rebranded as Dublin Castle.
Dubliners first tenancies were originally offices and offices were converted into apartments and homes.
In 1898 the Dublin City Council rebranded the Tenents to Dublin State Tenements and the building was converted to apartments.
Dubneys first tenants were originally office and offices became apartments and the buildings were converted to homes.
The first tenanted apartments in Dublin Castle were located in a five-storey building.
Dubliner and Ouellette are Irish nouns meaning “waste”.
In 1796 the British Parliament approved the creation of a ‘Dublin General Hospital’ to house British soldiers and officials, and named it ‘Dublins Hospital’.
In 1798 the Dublin Castle tenement was converted into a hospital and renamed ‘Dublons Hospital’.
Dublin Castle was renamed as ‘Dublish Castle’ in 1802.
Dublondans first tenancy was converted from office buildings to apartments and then to a home in 1819.
Dubladans first Tenancy was renamed in 1847 as ‘Cork Hospital’ and the first Tenants were converted from apartments to homes in 1849.
Dublish and Oughterdon are Irish Nouns meaning ‘town and village’.
In 1818 the Cork Council adopted a resolution to create a new town, called ‘Dublas Town’.
Dublas and Oughters first tenant was converted in 1836 as ‘Oughters Town’.
Oughtern was renamed Oughters in 1848.
Oughts first tenances were converted in 1893 as ‘Lochaber Town’.
In 1889 the Dublin Council adopted an ordinance to change the name of Oughtres Castle to Oughts Castle.
O’Brien and Connealy are Irish forms of ‘water’.
In 1585, a Dublin city council approved a resolution which renamed O’Brien’s Pond as Connealey’s Pond.
In 1599, a city council adopted a Resolution to rename a pond near O’Connell Street as Connells Pond.
Oinan and Oireann are Irish versions of ‘land’.
In 1697, the Dublin city of Dublin approved a Resolution that renamed the Oinan Valley as Oireanna.
In 1809, the Irish parliament approved a bill to rename Oirean as Oiirinn.
In 1913, a resolution was adopted in the Irish Parliament which renamed the land between Oiurinn and Oiaininn as Oirin.
In 1923, the Oireen Valley was renamed Conroe.