How to Get Rid of Tenants in Your Tenement Buildings

If you want to get rid of your tenement building, here’s what you should do.

Tenement houses are typically built to house people and their families, but they’re also home to tenants.

If you live in one of these buildings, you can take steps to make it yours.

Here are the basics:1.

Get a demolition permit.

If the building isn’t currently in use, you may be able to get one.

It’s the right thing to do, says Robert M. Brown, the former director of the Landlord and Tenant Board, the state agency that regulates tenement properties.2.

Call the building’s owner to schedule an inspection.

The building’s manager will then let you know what’s going on.3.

Call a Tenancy Board representative.

The Tenancy Act doesn’t say what happens if the property’s owner can’t be contacted, but Brown says that a tenant can call the board to discuss the issue.4.

Find a demolition contractor.

If a tenant doesn’t want to do a new inspection, a demolition company can be hired to do one, he says.

The owner may then give the tenant a contract that provides him with the right to demolish the building.

It may also include a notice to vacate.5.

Call to get a permit.

You should then be able get a demolition license from the state, Brown says.

If it’s not in use and the building hasn’t been abandoned, it can be towed away.

If not, it may be repurposed for other uses.6.

Call another contractor.

You may need to contact the company that did the previous demolition and ask for permission to do something like install a new roof.

The landlord will likely agree to this, Brown adds.7.

Pay the building contractor.

Brown recommends that tenants pay the contractor $200 to $300 per month.

If they don’t, the landlord may be forced to pay them for the work.8.

Keep the building open.

If there’s an emergency, the building can be shut down for a short time, but the landlord won’t be able buy it back until it’s back to normal.9.

Call your local county recorder.

If your building is still in use after the county repurposes it, you should call the recorder.

They can also investigate if there’s a case of landlord abandonment.

If no one is home, the tenant should contact the building manager, says Brown.

The property manager can take over, he adds.